Canadian Utilities Limited is a $22 billion company operating globally, with a diverse portfolio that positions us to deliver premier energy services to our customers in Electricity, Pipelines & Liquids and Retail Energy. At the heart of our business are 5,000 employees, carrying forward almost 50 years of innovation and service excellence in solving our clients’ challenges, big and small—from major infrastructure projects to home energy delivery.
- Electricity Global Business Unit - unites electricity generation, transmission and distribution expertise from across our business to provide sustainable, innovative and comprehensive customer solutions globally.
- Pipelines & Liquids Global Business Unit - leverages the strength of its businesses to offer fully integrated, cost-effective solutions in natural gas transmission and distribution, natural gas liquids storage and processing and industrial water solutions.
- Retail Energy business - allows us to provide our customers with competitive rates for both natural gas and electricity services to homes and businesses in the markets where we operate.
- Regulated businesses are those that are regulated in Alberta and include Natural Gas Distribution, Natural Gas Transmission, Electric Distribution, and Electric Transmission.
- International businesses can be regulated by organizations outside of Canada, but are not defined as "regulated" by ATCO, as explained above.
- Canadian Utilities' 100 per cent owned subsidiary CU Inc. includes Natural Gas Distribution, Natural Gas Transmission, Electric Distribution, and Electric Transmission.
- Alberta PowerLine General Partner Ltd. is the general partner of Alberta PowerLine Limited Partnership (Alberta PowerLine or APL), a partnership between Canadian Utilities Limited (80 per cent) and Quanta Services, Inc. (20 per cent).
- Retail Energy, through ATCOenergy, was launched in early 2016 to provide retail, commercial and industrial electricity and natural gas service in Alberta.